1863 Blog-Journal Entry

August 3, 1863

Recently I wrote the Harrison Landing letter, a letter of advice to Lincoln. I wrote that local citizens and their property should not be destroyed or brought into the war, the issue of slavery should not be forced upon the people and that the union must be preserved at all costs. By taking a conservative approach to the war, by sticking to the constitution and not forcing issues such as slavery on people, the war will hopefully not create a deeper rift between the north and south, or even just in the north. In order to keep our armies intact and our northerners on our side, we must not make radical or controversial decisions that will put the U.S. at risk.

This letter made me popular as the Democratic nominee for the 1864 presidential election, where I would be running against none other than Lincoln. Now, well into 1863, I am considering running for President. Hearing of this news, Lincoln is afraid I will win, but I am afraid the war has split the north on the issue of war. My conservative and purely combatant approach to the war does not resonate with all in the north, but enough where I believe I can win the election.

My opposition Lincoln, should not have even been elected the first time around. Lincoln is a coward, an idiot, and the original gorilla. He could not respect the wishes of the general-in-chief, a general who exceled at West Point, who displayed his expertise in previous wars, and who was beloved by his troops. Lincoln has no military combat, he does not understand the true colors of war.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1865 Blog- Letter Home

1861 Blog